Homebrewing has come a long way. In the past, traditional homebrewing involved using several different types of equipment that made the entire process more complex and time-consuming. However, technology has evolved to bring us state-of-the-art automatic beer brewing systems that make home brewing an easy, convenient, and enjoyable activity to do from the comfort of your home. Since there are several high-tech brewing systems on the market, awarding the title of the best beer brewing system is difficult.
In a Hurry? Here are Our Top Choices
The 5 Best Automatic Beer Brewing Systems
This is where our list of the top five automatic beer brewing systems comes in handy. You can use our list to learn about the best auto beer brewing systems that are out there and then decide based on the pros and cons of each system. We did you one good by giving you a buyer’s guide to help you make the right decision. Let’s tell you about the five chosen ones.
1. BeerDroid Fully Automated Beer Brewing System
The company is behind the world’s first fully automated beer brewing system. The BeerDroid Fully Automated Beer Brewing System can brew 2.6 gallons of premium quality brew. Push the button to start the brewing process. You can BrewArt recipes or customize recipes using the temperature-controlled fermenter. You can download their free app to monitor and control your brew.
The app gives you push notifications, firmware updates, and it lets you shop for other items. With your purchase, you’ll receive the American Pale BrewPrint, which is unique to each system. The automatic beer brewing system has user-friendly features.
They include setting a custom brew setting, selecting year propagation temperature, kegging temperature, and brewing temperature. The BeerDroid connects to the internet and stores your brewing process and history in the Cloud. If a power outage occurs, it’ll start to brew from where it left off.
- Holding capacity of 2.5 gallons
- App for monitoring and controlling brew
- Stores brewing history in the Cloud
- Patented end-of-fermentation (EOF) software detects when the brew is ready for kegging
- Easy to read LCD screen for checking brew status, controlling temperature, and customizing brew settings
- Need to bottle the beer yourself or keg in 3-gallon kegs on your own
2. Grainfather Connect Complete Home Beer Brewing System
The Grainfather Connect Complete Home Beer Brewing System is an automated and electrically powered beer brewing system. You can use the system indoors without needing to buy hot plates or burners separately. Made from premium quality 304 stainless steel, the system will last you several years. The system has a holding capacity of 8 gallons with a single brew producing 6 gallons of beer.
The manufacturer has added advanced and user-friendly controls such as the programmable step mashing, waterproof digital display, which displays temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit, and delayed heating. You can download the Connect App and use it with the Connect Control Box. You can control the beer brewing system remotely from your phone.
- High quality 304-grade stainless steel construction
- 8-gallon holding capacity and can produce 6 gallons of beer from a single brew
- Connect App connects to phone over Bluetooth for remote control
- Designed for indoor use
- Packaging and fermenter equipment not included
- Designed for users with expertise on the brewing process
- Limited automation
3. ClawHammer Supply Brewing System Version 2
ClawHammer Supply Brewing System Version 2 is an automated system, featuring a holding capacity of 10.5 gallons. Made from premium quality 305 stainless steel, you can use it for mashing and boiling. With this automatic beer brewing system, you won’t need to balance between vessels and fermenting, and you can transfer the brew without making a mess.
The system uses Brew in a Bag (BIAB) technology, which means it allows you to brew one whole batch using grain baskets and stainless steel hop. Set it to brew your beer and forget about it, as it’ll automatically stop.
Unlike with other beer brewing systems, you don’t receive any pre-packaged recipe kits, which means you can combine various ingredients to craft your own custom brew. You can touch the handles without burning yourself, as they’re coated with a heat resistant silicone material.
- Can hold up to 10.5 gallons
- 15 amp, PID digital controller manages the entire brewing process
- Input your desired settings and the system will stop on its own when brewing completes
- Heat resistant silicone coated handles prevent accidental burns
- Pour beer directly from the system
Some users may struggle with using the digital control box
4. Brewer’s Edge Mash and Boil
The Brewer’s Edge Mash and Boil can hold up to 7.5 gallons of beer. It’s designed using double and stainless steel material. The double-wall design conserves heat. You can make up to 16 pounds of malt in this beer brewing system. You can use the system indoors due to its small and compact size. The system is outfitted with an adjustable thermostat and run time, which you can use during the mash and boil process. It also comes with a delayed start timer, which you can use to program the Mash and Boil process.
- Double-wall stainless steel design conserves heat
- Holding capacity of 7.5 gallons of beer
- Can plug into any standard wall electric outlet
- Mash and boil using the system
- Delayed start timer enhances the mash and boil process
- The reset button is located under the system, making it difficult for users to lift the unit with boiling liquid to press it
5. Robobrew V3 with Pump
The Robobrew V3 with Pump is designed for users who are interested in all-grain brewing. The automatic beer brewing system has several user-friendly built-in features such as a delay start timer, interior volume markings, digital temperature control, and step mash function. The manufacturer has included a magnetic drive pump to the unit. The drive pump recirculates the wort. You can remove the grain basket without trouble. The unit also has a spigot to pour beer without making a big mess on the counter. Its dural heating elements and LCD control panel allows you to craft the perfect beer each time. With a holding capacity of 9.25 gallons, which is higher than any of the other units on this list, you can craft a lot of beer at one time. Its dual heating element increases the temperature for a continuous boil and then keeps the temperature stable to avoid ruining your brew.
- Suitable for users who prefer all-grain brewing
- Holds up to 9.25 gallons of beer
- Dual heating elements gives you control over the temperature
- Includes a delay start timer and volume marking on the inside
- LCD control panel for easy viewing
- Low-quality components
What to Look for When Choosing an Automatic Beer Brewing System?
1. Automatic Mash Temperature
The beer brewing system should have an automatic mash temperature feature, which allows the temperature of the mash to sit between 150 degrees Fahrenheit and 153 degrees Fahrenheit for at least one hour. You don’t have to maintain the mash temperature because your automatic unit does that for you.
2. Automatic Boil Time and Hop Add-ons
Find an automatic beer brewing system that handles the hop additions and boil time on its own. They can even adjust the heat to prevent your brew from boiling over and spoiling.
3. Manages Fermentation Temperature
The wort cools down after the boiling process ends. Slight changes in temperature during the fermentation process can alter the flavor of your beer. Buy an automatic unit with integrated fermentation chambers to control the fermentation temperature.
Our Final Thoughts
If you want to craft your own beer or follow a recipe to craft it, you need to but an automatic beer brewing system. You’re one step away from brewing your beer. With a beer brewing system, you don’t need any bulky equipment, as the small and compact system does everything from you. Once you get the hang of using your new system, you can experiment with various recipes to create your go-to beer.